So my parents decided to desert their Blackberry 8310 devices. Unfortunately, I don’t want to stick with their carrier. So after seeking the unlock codes online I had to figure out how to unlock them. Here’s how to do it:
1. With battery and SIM card installed, turn on the device.
2. From the main screen, navigate to Settings and select it with the trackball.
3. Navigate to Options and select it.
4. Navigate to Advanced Options and select it.
5. Navigate to SIM Card and select it. You should see information about your SIM card.
6. Enter MEPD (all upper-case). You should see extended information about your SIM card. You will not see any of the text you enter appear on the screen.
7. Type MEP (all upper-case). Then ALT-key and the number 2 key on the keypad. You will not see any of the text you enter appear on the screen.
8. You will be presented with the prompt Enter Network MEP Code. Type in the unlock code and press in the trackball/trackpad when finished. Be sure to enter it correctly as you only get a limited amount of tries to enter it in successfully.
6. The Network attribute should now be set to Disabled. Your phone should now be unlocked.